FSSAI Registration in Coimbatore
FSSAI is mandatory for starting a food business. Get FSSAI registration online in Coimbatore with Transparent pricing. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an agency of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. The FSSAI is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety. There are three category of Registration/ License. Registration, State License, Central License.
Categories in FSSAI registration / License
It comes under respective State Government - Company having Annual Turnover up to 12 lakhs can go for FSSAI registration.
Following are the categories under registration.
- Dairy units including Milk chilling units equipped to handle or process upto 500 Liters per day of Milk or 2500 kgs of Milk Solids per year.
- Vegetables oil processing units and units producing vegetable oil by the process of solvent extraction and refineries including oil expeller units having turnover upto 12 lakhs per year.
- Slaughtering Units (a) Lager animals upto 2 per day (b) Small animals upto 10 per day (c) Poultry birds 50 per day.
- Meat Processing Unit turnover upto 12 Lakhs Per Annum
- All food processing units including Relabellers and Repackers whose turnover doesn't exceeds 12 Lakhs per year or production capacity of food doesn't exceeds 100 Kgs or liters per day.
- Other business operators such as
Storage units, storage under control atmosphere and cold , Storage under Cold / Refrigerated , Wholesaler, Retailer, Distributor, Supplier, Dhaba, Boarding Houses serving food, Banquet halls with food catering arrangements, Home based canteens, Permanent temporary stall holder, food stalls, Arrangements in religious gatherings, fairs, fish, meat, poultry shop or any other food vending establishment, club, hotel, Restaurant, Transporter, Marketer, Mobile food vendor, Petty Retailer of snacks and Tea shops having turnover of less the 12 lakhs per year.