Primor Business & Consulting services
Legal Metrology Certification
Every manufacturer or packer or importer of packaged commodities will require Legal Metrology registration/License under Packaged Commodities Rules, 2011. The Legal Metrology Registration/License should be made with the Director of Legal Metrology in case of Union Territories or The Controller of Legal Metrology in cases of States where the import or packing is made. The Legal Metrology license is valid for the entire country, On all the premises of import or packing mentioned in the Registration Certificate and on all the products or items mentioned in the Registration Certificate.
Licences in Legal Metrology
- Licence as Dealers.
- Licence as Manufacturers.
- Licence as Repairer
- Registration of Manufacturers /Packers and Importers of Packed Commodities.
- Registration of Importers.
Mandatory details in packed or Repacked commodities
Every package or on the label securely affixed must contain a definite, plain, legible and conspicuous declarations as follows as per Legal Metrology guidelines
- The name and address of the manufacturer / packer
- The common generic name of the commodities contained in the package
- The net quantity by weight / number in the package
- The month and year in which the commodity is manufactured or pre-packed
- Maximum Retail Price (MRP)
- The net content should be legibly marked at a prominent place on the packaged commodity