A Digital signature certificate can have the definition as a secure digital key. This has been issued by the certifying authorities with the intention of validating and certifying the identities of the person who is holding the certificate. It uses the public key encryptions which in-turn used to create the signatures. The DSC reduces the time and the cost. It refrains the need for signing the documents physically and sent via e-mail by scanning those signed documents. Also the documents that are signed neither be altered nor edited. Thus the digitally signed documents using the DSC are very much safe and secure. Many of the Government agencies ask the DSC for the verification.
Importance of the Digital Signature Service
- The documents that are digitally signed give the confidence to the receiver to have the assurance of the signer’s authenticity.
- The documents are free from forged signatures.
- The Ministry of Corporate Affairs MCA has made the DSCs mandatory for the filing of applications, reports.
- To file the taxes like income tax, sales tax DSC is necessary.
- As the Technology takes over the era, DSC is a paperless job.
- PAN card of the applicant
- Id card
- Driving license
- Bank account passbook
- Photo ID card
- Aadhaar card
- Water bill for the residential proof
- Service tax/sales tax
- Log onto the website of the Certifying Authority which can issue the DSC in India.
- The applicant will be redirected to the Digital Certification Services’ section.
- Then select the type of entity that would need the DSC. It may be either individual or organization.
- Then fill in the necessary details like classes of DSC, Applicant name, contact address, ID proof, address proof and the payment details.
- Do the payment.
- Post the documents needed.
- When all the above said steps had followed, then the DSC will be processed and issued.